Monday, June 27, 2016

Sunday School Craft - David and Jonathan Bow and Arrow

After Pinteresting a craft for David and Jonathan, and not really liking what I saw, I came up with this craft. The template is from different sources and pieced together, but it should make sense to you when you scroll down and look at it. Feel free to ask me questions if you have any.


So for this craft, you will need:

Cardstock, pipe cleaners, crayons, hole punch, scissors, and glue

Here is what the finished craft looks like:


Although the little creatures who "make" these crafts cannot read, I still think it's important to include key verses from the stories so that parents/caretakers can read them or look them up later. You never know, these crafts may get tossed into a corner to be found years later when the before toddler can now read. It may change his or her life. You never know. . .But God's Word never returns void, right?

The verse on the arrow is I Samuel 20:37 "Jonathan yelled out, 'Isn't the arrow farther out?'"

The verse on the bow is I Samuel 20:42 "Jonathan said, 'Go in peace! The two of us have vowed friendship in God's name, saying, "God will be the bond between me and you, and between my children and your children forever!"'"

Here is my template:



It's a little messy, because I copied and pasted the bow and the arrow from different sources and they kept overlapping. This was the best editing job I could do in the time allotted. Anyways, you will need to cut all the pieces out separately and then glue them fronts to backs. You will notice in the picture that after I glued the pieces together, I colored them. Then, I punched a hole in the back end of the arrow and either end of the bow. I ran a pipe cleaner through all of the holes.

The End!







3 comments: