Friday, May 5, 2017

How to Fix a Missing Rhinestone on Clothing

Okay, you know how when you go to the thrift store and find the perfect sweater or dress or shirt or whatever and there is a rhinestone missing? Yeah, I hate that.

Or like...when your shirt that you love loses a decorative stone or bead?

Before you toss it into the Goodwill pile, try this hack.


Here is a beautiful sweater I found at the Goodwill the other week. I love it. Totally my style. However. . .



Upon closer inspection, I found that it was missing a rhinestone. This must've been why the original owner discarded it, because it's way too adorable to toss otherwise.



A closer look at the missing stone's setting.



This is why I keep all my beads and baubles from past clothing items and jewelry. Fortunately, I found a pearl in my inventory that fit perfectly into the setting.



I bent the setting open so I could get the pearl into it.



This wasn't going to look right with a pearl on one side and a rhinestone on the other, so the corresponding rhinestone had to go as well.




I got two pearls of the same color and size with which to work.



Then, all I did was sew them into place!




Perfection!



You can do this on any piece of clothing that has lost something.



Go thou and do likewise.


The End!










No comments:

Post a Comment