Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chanel Inspired: The Coco Dress

I think this one is my favorite. When my husband saw it, he said, "Innovative." The clean lines on this one are especially reminiscent of the classic "Chanel Jacket." 

When I was going through my jersey fabric, I came across some white stuff that was quilted. Perfect for a Chanel inspired dress! Unfortunately, the white fabric was three times the thickness of the black, so I would have to do something to make sure the white fabric didn't overpower the black.




I don't know if you can tell it, but if you look at the edges of the bolero pattern, you will see they are folded up. This is because I laid it flat when I cut out the white fabric and folded it up when I cut the black. The way I got around the thickness problem was to cut the entire bolero portion out of black and white and then fold the white fabric up over the black. I forgot to put the sleeve pattern on here again. Also, I raised the front collar on the longer dress portion, but forgot to picture it here.



You can see the quilted-ness of the white fabric here.



Same pouffed sleeves.



I had to put darts in the back because it stuck out way too much in the back without them.



Here you can see that the entire top part is both black and white.




No comments:

Post a Comment