Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baby Travel Quilt

My aforementioned sister-in-law Sherry, had a baby shower this past weekend. I finally finished the project I'd been working on for her, and was able to surprise her with it. She had told my husband and I that she wanted pictures from our travels, because she wants to encourage her new baby, Rhys (pronouned "Reese"), to come to love traveling as much as she and her husband do. I went through my pictures and found nine of the most photogenic, sent them to Walgreens.com to get printed onto an apron, cut them out and sewed them into a baby quilt. I had most of the material on-hand, but my other sister-in-law, Angie, was the provider of the batting. Thanks, Angie!


From far away, it kinda resembles the blue and green of a map. 



The back is of soft, white flannel, like clouds!



I knew she'd be getting a ton of stuff and probably millions of blankets, so I left sort of a hole in the top two corners to put a long stick through, so she could hang it if she wants.



I really simply quilted it by using white thread and tying little knots through the corner of each square to the back.




These are the individual pictures and who I was with when I took them:



The Colosseum from Billy's and my honeymoon.




Stonehenge from my trip with Stephanie, Kim, and Jennaca.




The Seattle Space Needle from my trip with Lisa.




The Sphinx and Great Pyramid from my trip with Holly and Lisa.




The Taj Mahal with Holly.




Angkor Wat from a missions trip with my church.




Eiffel Tower with Steph, Kim, and Jenn.




Great Wall of China with Linda.




And Big Ben with Steph, Kim, and Jenn.




Apparently, it takes a village to make a quilt!




Thanks for reading!




















No comments:

Post a Comment