Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Make Your Own Eye Cream

I am really excited about this eye cream. I've been using it for a while now before bed and it's really good. It keeps my skin really supple and non-wrinkly, and because it is kinda waxy, it keeps my skin moisturized even after I've washed it off the next morning. If you have really oily skin, I think this would still work for you because natural ingredients tend not to mess with your ph balance. Try it and see!

There is really only one step to this process if you followed my last two blogs (especially the one on making lip balm). All three processes took me 20 minutes total to do. To bring you up to speed, I suggest going here.


How to Make Your Own Eye Cream:

After following the directions on my last blog, all you have to do is add a table spoon of honey. I suggest using local honey as it helps your tolerance to pollen allergies. Honey is what changes the consistency of our lip balm into a cream, and honey is really good for you and your skin. If you are allergic to honey then use olive oil:



This step is optional, but you can add another fragrance if you like. I added lavender because it smells good with mint, and also it's good for your skin:



Stir it up and pour into a small cosmetic jar:



Put it in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Spread it on your eyes with your fingers in small massaging circles.



Things to remember:

1. The reason I did green tea and coffee bean butters is mostly because I knew I'd make this eye cream last and both of those butters have anti-aging properties.
2. Coconut oil and honey are anti-bacterial. Probably the others are too, but I know those two are for sure.


The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment