Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sunday School Craft - Coin in Fish's Mouth

 Today, we are going to make this "Coin in Fish's Mouth" craft. Who's excited?

I found this little fishy on a Google search for "fish coloring page." I added the verse Matthew 17:27.


You need: cardstock, (scrap paper--optional), crayons, glue, silver coins, (and tissue paper--optional)


So, basically, what you do is print out the fish picture (last picture in this post), and then cut a slit along the bottom lip of the fish with an Exact-o-Knife. (Do this part before-hand if your children are too young to use a knife...which, I'm guessing they probably will be.)



Then, with a blank piece of cardstock (or a piece of scrap paper, like I have below), glue the way I have below: One line of glue down the left-hand side; one line of glue along the bottom, and then quite a bit of glue on the top and right-hand side. If you can't see, click on the picture to make it bigger.



Then, stick the picture on top and press the two sheets together.


You can either have the kids color them with crayons, or you can cut pieces of tissue paper and glue those on like scales. Then, slip a coin into your fish's mouth. The plastic coins we had on-hand from a prior craft, but you could also use those chocolate coins that are wrapped in tin foil. The verse does specifically say "silver coin," and most of those chocolate ones are wrapped in gold paper. If you are a stickler like me, I would unwrap each one, turn the foil inside out, and re-wrap them!
...But that's just me!

Have fun!




The End!










2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points! Arapaima Arowana Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Information very nice. I will follow post Thanks for sharing.
    Kizi Club | Kizigool | GamesHotAZ | Fri1 Girl | STACK BALL FUN | KiziY8 | PaCo Games

    ReplyDelete