Thursday, October 27, 2016

Sunday School Craft - Jesus Heals the Blind Man Mask

My template originally came from one I found on Pinterest, but I tweaked it. Your Sunday School class will love this "Blind Man" mask! This one is really interactive and illustrative of the story, which you shall see if you continue reading. . .



You will need: cardstock, brad fasteners, scissors, an Exacto-Knife, and crayons.


If you scroll to the bottom you will see how I tweaked the original pattern. For the frowny "blind" face, I covered his eyes with the Bible verse that tells the story of Jesus healing the blind man. I also added a half circle shape, so you could know where to cut on his face to get the right shape.



Next, I cut out the happy face.



Then, with a pen, I poked through the hole in the frowny part. . .



and through the happy face. . .



Next, I cut the eyes of the happy face out with an Exacto-Knife. You should probably do this part ahead of time for the children in your class.



Then, I colored both parts.



Then, I stuck them together with a brad fastener. (Front)



(Back)




Two finished masks! You can attach popsicle sticks to the bottom if you want, but the reason I didn't was because the frowny part stays up better if you hold the mask on both sides.




This is the part that I find REALLY cool!

With these masks you can actually BE the blind man!

First, you can't see. . .



Then, you flip the blind part up and you can see! Talk about interactive learning!


UPDATE: For some reason, everyone is confused about the templates.....These are the templates below, People! You just right click on them, copy image, and then paste them into your favorite word processor or paint program and hit "print." Alternatively, you can right click on them, save the image to your desktop, open the image and select "print."

I have tried to comment as such, but for some reason Blogger won't let me comment on my own posts....no idea why. Anyways, there is no reason for everyone to be so confused.

Templates:




The End!









14 comments:

  1. do you have templates for the mask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i get the templates please?
    Beautiful.Pater@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I please get the template to the faces.
    pondera@tcitys.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I please get the template to the faces. Kala027@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on the template images and then right clicked on each one to save image as download. I then printed 2 sets: one as print entire image and the other at 42%. I'll see which ones work best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://biblecraftsandactivities.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Blind-Bartimaeus_LambSongsActivity.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would it be possible to get the template?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please can I have template ? email to janzen.rcac20@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you please send me the template, so I can have my kiddos make it in Sunday School. Thank you & God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe I can help... clicking the photos and transferring them to whatever program we are using is not working because the photos themselves don't have enough detail, density, dpi, whatever you want to call it. When I print them (and even view them larger) they are too blurry to use, particularly the verse. So your fans are hoping you can upload files that print well, otherwise they just don't work.

    ReplyDelete