Monday, July 31, 2017

Sunday School Craft - Queen Esther and King Ahasuerus (Xerxes) Crowns and Scepters



I was searching for a Queen Esther craft and didn't really like any that I saw, necessarily, so I drove to Dollar Tree to get some inspiration.

I found. . .

bulletin board borders (you may recognize from my last post):



Staplers with staples:



Shiny stickers, loose glitter, and glitter glue. (Or whatever you want to decorate...crayons, paint, whatever.) 



Two packs of straws (for boys and girls).



Starting with the "scepters," all you have to do is decorate the straw attachment thingie (don't know what it's called).



Then, decorate your crowns however you want. (I've included the verse template at the end of this post.)




Then, once the crowns are dry, staple them in the back.



I went through our craft cupboard at church and found some more stickers and embellishments.





At the last second, I found some sparkly pipe cleaners, so I wrapped that around the scepter (which is fitting since the verse talks about a "gold scepter." I'm such a purist.) If your kids are old enough, you can pair them up boy with girl and have them act out the verse. 



Verse:



The End!






No comments:

Post a Comment