Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blue Ridge Orthopaedics Dress from an XL T-Shirt

I have worked part-time at an orthopedics office for the past two years, but have never bought a T-shirt from there. It's not that I never wanted one. It's just that I have a million T-shirts. When a lady at work brought in a bag of her old T-shirts and sold them for $2.00, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one into a dress!


If you remember the dress I made a few months ago here, this dress follows the same basic idea, but way less work to do it. If you want to do this yourself, just get a T-shirt about 2 sizes too big for you (I wear S/M, so this shirt was an XL). Then cut the sleeves off, put elastic around the sleeve holes. Cut the sleeves open and sew them together and then to the bottom of the shirt (You'll probably have to put a couple of pleats at the hips to make the sleeves fit). Last step: find your waist and gather two pleats of material into the middle front and sew them down. (I'll show you close ups). That's all!



A close up of the sleeve hole:



A close up of the sleeves added to the bottom. Notice the pleats:



Close up of the middle front pleats:






The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment