Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Harem Pants

February 2014

So about a year ago I ordered a metric ton of these "Harem Style" Capri pants. I was really excited because they were only like $4.00 each (from China) and had really cool pockets, and so I got them in like...every color. Anyways, they ended up being paper thin and pretty much see-through. Not cool, China. Not cool.



Anyways, the pattern of them was so unique, that before giving them all to Goodwill, I cut one apart to use for my own pattern. Because the pockets are so unusual, I knew I'd probably forget how to construct them later, so I numbered the seams in the order they should be sewn. Any pre-planning you can conquer early helps to cut your construction time into a fraction of the normal time!



Skipping ahead in time: The only difference I added was to lengthen the legs so they are now sort of really fashionable sweatpants.







The End!









1 comment:

  1. These are so nice! I also have to start performing my workout sessions so would need good quality clothing and I am just having a thought to invest in comfortable sweatpants and tank tops. But I do not know about any good brands. It will be great if you can recommend a couple of affordable ones!

    ReplyDelete