Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Black Harem Pants

If you have a really good memory, you may well remember these weird pants I made about a year ago. The problem I had with them was that they were grey, and soon after making them, I learned I was T4. I wondered why I hated the pictures of me at the end of that post. Now, it all makes sense. Anyways, I really wanted to remake them in black. So, I did.

I used the same pink shorts as last time as my main pattern pieces. I love this shiny black jersey material. Really edgy and great for this project.



I also used a pair of sweat pants to use as a reference for the length of the pants. I cut around them.



I did something different at the ankles, though. I curved them in slightly. This will make the pants drape differently around the ankles. I think it looks really modern.



After cutting all the pieces out, the first step was to fold the pockets in half and stitch the bottom of them.



Then, I pinned and sewed the pockets to the top of the front pieces.



Next, I pinned pleats into the sides of the front pieces.



Then, I pinned the front and back pieces together and sewed the outer seam of each leg.



This is what the seam I just talked about looks like from the right side.



Next, I pinned and sewed the "crotchal region."



Then, I sewed the inseams together in one big, long seam.



Last step: sewing on the waist and ankle bands. Notice how the ankles curve in here, and notice that effect on the last few pictures. It's subtle, but it's a neat effect.






The End.












No comments:

Post a Comment