Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cartoon Colorblock Shirt

Here is a quickie I did one day. 

I bought this shirt from Rue 21. It's a really simple, stylish, easily copied design.



I had some stretchy fabric with "Blondie" cartoons all over it. Actually, it is fabric used to make school book covers, but I really like it and want to wear it.



Before I cut around it, I folded about 1 1/2 inches down from the top of the shoulder and folded a triangle portion in from the bottom of the side seam. If you saw my post about making a jacket, you will understand why I did this.



I cut around it.



I had some left over silver fabric from another shirt I refashioned from an old lady shirt, but I forgot to post it. Anyways, this is the left over part.



For the back, I cut out some black polyester jersey. Notice that I added the portions I stole from the front onto the shoulder and bottom seam area.



Here is the completed shirt....sideways, because that's how Blogger does it sometimes.











The End!






No comments:

Post a Comment