Friday, February 20, 2015

Thinken Your Soup for Free

I bought some gluten free brown rice pasta. One thing I noticed about it is that after boiling it, you are left with some really really thick starch water. Like. . .you know how water gets kinda cloudy after boiling regular pasta. . .yeah. . .This brown rice pasta water is SUPER thick--almost gelatinous. I threw it out the first time I made pasta, and then I got to thinking. . .I'm pretty sure that water could be saved and used in soup.

So the next time I made brown rice pasta I saved the starch water and later added it to some bean soup instead of rice. It made some really really great soup and I was able to hearken back to the fraction of my Native American ancestry that used all the parts of the buffalo.

[Photo unavailable due to the fact that I can't remember where I put it. Use your imagination.]

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment