Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Sunday School Craft - Noah and the Flood Animal Puppets

So, "The Flood" was up for the kids to learn and the no-brainer "Flood" craft for little kids was something to do with animals. Well. . .I'd already done too many masks, so I searched around and found various paper bag puppets. So, that's what this post is about.

It's like I always used to say, "If there's one thing little kids love, it's masks. . .except for when they get sick of masks. . .In which case--they love puppets!"



So, using the templates I have at the end of this post (which, yes, I totally ripped off Pinterest), I cut out enough for the kids of the classes in question. In order to make it more "Biblical" I cut out two of each animal and paper clipped the pairs together. . .Which. . .in retrospect. . .I probably should have cut out seven cows. . .Oops!. . .Oh well! You can, though!

My main addition to this craft was adding the verses at the bottom. There are four animals in this post (cow, horse, cat, turtle), and there are four verse. . .blobs. I don't know what to call them. Just look at the end and look at this picture, and it will make sense!



So if it isn't painfully obvious, you take a glue stick to the back of each piece and stick them onto the bag so that the mouth parts line up. It helps to do a "dry run" placing the pieces first and seeing where they best fit before you stick them on.



And that's it! You can have the kids color them so they feel like they did something!



(Sorry, the cat's really pixel-y.)






The verse blobs:



The End!









No comments:

Post a Comment