Friday, April 4, 2014

Refashioning: Turning Gold Buttons Silver

So, I am a Type 4. If you don't know what that means, go here

Type 4s look best in pure hues and high shine silver (among other things). I just love this jacket. My camera has a deficiency when picking up greens and blues. This jacket is way bluer than the picture shows. Anyways, It's great--tailored, lined, structured--but the buttons were gold, so I needed to turn them silver. (Sorry, this is the best background I had in the room. After learning about "Dressing Your Truth," my sewing room turned into a disaster area for about 4 solid weeks. This should tell you more than anything else that I have a patient husband.)




I got out my bottle of silver nail polish and went to work. (Carol suggests if you are Type 1 or 3, to cut a slit in a post it note and put one under each button as you paint so you don't get paint on your clothes.)




All better! It took about five minutes.



The End!




No comments:

Post a Comment