Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Refashioning: Moschino Inspired - Easy DIY Designer Dress Merger

I am a long-time fan of the Italian luxury fashion house, Moschino. I love it because of the fanciful ideas, graphic prints, and bold colors.

Here is a dress from the Spring/Summer 2017 Ready-to-Wear "Love Moschino" line.
It retails for $495.

It doesn't matter if you agree with that price or not. It just is.

So. . .let's see if we can make one for $2.00!

(This one is super easy.)




Here is a Donna Ricco black dress I found on the Goodwill dollar rack.



And here is an Aeropostale cropped blouse I found also on the Goodwill dollar rack.



Look how cute the print is! It's little birds!



First, I cut out the shoulder pads.



Then, I cut off the sleeves.



When you cut the shoulder pads out of a dress or shirt, this is what happens at the shoulders. See this gap?



So, I pinned the shoulders appropriately, and sewed them down.



Then, I cut the sleeves off the other shirt. (Hint, it helps if you pin the right sleeve. This helps you to tell the two apart when you reattach them to the other garment.)



Then, I simply sewed the sleeve to the dress. No-brainer.



So, here is my Moschino inspired dress for $2.00!



(Another plus: combining the two freed up a hanger. This is important in my world, where I never seem to have enough hangers...)



The End!








No comments:

Post a Comment