Sunday, June 30, 2013

Make Your Own Eye Shadow

There are probably other ways to make your own eye shadow, but I wanted something that was not just pretty but good for my skin. All I do is break open vitamin/herb supplements and add pearl powder! Really easy!

The ones I use are Gingko Biloba and Acai. I have the Gingko on-hand because I take it daily to help with circulation. I also have the Acai on-hand because I used to take it thinking it would make me look like the girl in the magazine who took it, but. . .it didn't do a thing! You can use whatever natural powder you want. Experiment! My friend, Bethany, told me that a woman on "The Doctors" TV show had used green tea powder. I really want to try that one!

Gingko happens to be a nice tannish color, and acai is purple. Either would look great on its own, but I mixed them together and created a sort of pinkish, smoky color. I also added pearl powder for shimmer. (How to make pearl powder: Buy a bag of it on eBay. . .or smash one!)








Fun Facts and Tips:

1. It lasts for several hours, even through a day of work and a work out later. There is some noticeable creasing, but that's normal. I just spread it out with my finger when that happens.

2. I like knowing that my eye shadow is good for my skin and not just something clogging my pores for no reason.

3. When I wash it off, I get a little exfoliation action.

4. Apply it with a clean brush and not your fingers.

5. Make it using only one or two supplements at a time. That should last you for up to a few months.

For a complete list of make up DIY, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment