Sunday, August 23, 2015

Refashioning: Updating an 80s Bedazzled Shirt

I found this crazy 80s bedazzled sweatshirt on the Goodwill dollar rack. It is a for REAL 80s shirt. Notice the shoulder pads. It's got so much potential. . .and it really is better to reuse what we already have than to make something from scratch.




As is my wont, I used another shirt I owned as a sort of guide, although. . .I didn't really want the same style. It was just to get an idea of dimension, really.



So here is my cut out shirt. Time to sew up the sides and hem the sleeves!



At this point, I tried it on, and it looked like an awkward tunic dress, so I decided to do the hi-lo thing with the bottom hem. Below is the picture of how I pinned it.



And here it is sewn.



And here it is on. (I'm wearing it with those harem pants I made a few months ago.)



Here you can see the hi-lo hem. (Sorry, the picture is washed out.)


The End!









No comments:

Post a Comment