Thursday, December 29, 2016

Sunday School Craft - Days of Creation....In the Beginning

I searched Pinterest and Google and wasn't thrilled with the "Days of Creation" Sunday School crafts there, so I found one I could modify, and modified it. 
This is my finished craft:



What I didn't like about most of the ones I found is that they used big words like "atmosphere" and "heavenly bodies." The classes I am responsible for are 2-year-olds and 3's & 4's. That means that the days needed to be overly-simplified. Also, since it was a craft, I kept wondering how I could make it tactile and 3D....Then I realized: DOLLAR TREE!

I went to Dollar Tree and bought a bunch of stickers. I found jewel stickers to represent "light" and then found foam stickers of the following kinds: flowers (plants), circles (planets), glitter stars, birds, land animals, and people (sports athletes). I also found some Finding Nemo stickers to use for fish. Then, I stuck them all on the corresponding days. I used a glue stick and a spread-apart cotton ball for the clouds on "Day Two." Pretty straightforward!

Little kids love stickers! Plus, there is barely any mess to clean up!




Here is my template:



The End!










No comments:

Post a Comment