Sunday, December 18, 2016

How to Fix: When Stripes Don't Match Up on a Garment

I bought this crazy dress at Rosewholesale.com...which you can find here if you like it as much as I did. 

However, this site is from China and it takes a while to get your merchandise...Also, because they are mass-made, you get little problems like this one. (Notice that the right-hand side dart stripes don't match up.)



Also, if you look along the bottom of the stripes, you will see that the bottom black stripe is kinda wonky as well. No matter. We can fix both problems!




First, take out the seam along the bottom of the stripes. . .



Then, take out the dart in question.



Okay, in order for the stripes to match up, fold the fabric and then pin the stripes. . .



Making sure that they match up from both sides. Then sew up the dart.



Next, I needed to fix the bottom stripe, so I pulled it down enough to make it symmetrical.



There! Both problems solved!



The sleeves were also really large (as in big around), so I tailored those in a bit...which I have ton a billion other times on these posts, so I didn't bore you with how to do that part.



The End!






No comments:

Post a Comment