Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Portlandia Inspired "Put a Bird on it!" Collared Shirt and Sweater

If you are like me and my friend, Luba, then you like "Portlandia." We particularly like one little skit where they were obnoxiously putting birds on things in order to look instantly crafty and hipster. 

That show is hilarious.

Anyways, in my dollar rack perusing, I came across this little number one day:



It is a Jacqueline Smith shirt. I really like the birds, but I hate black and gold. (The buttons are gold.) To me it looks "Miami Chic" (i.e. cheap). It was also too big. (I got a little ahead of myself and had already cut the left arm off before I remembered to take pictures....)



I chopped both arms off and turned it inside out so I could drape the bodice.



I also took the sleeves in.




There. It fits much better, but the buttons are still gold. Bleah.



So...while watching old episodes of "That Girl" on Amazon Prime, I cut off each gold button and replaced it with a white one.



Now it's a shirt I will actually wear!



[Many photos missing so as not to bore you....] I also took in an XL black Old Navy sweater and put the two together.

I can't wait for cold weather!!!


The End








No comments:

Post a Comment