Wednesday, August 17, 2016

How to Fix Permanent Stains on a Garment

My sis took me to a new thrift store where everything in the store is $.25 on Wednesdays. I bought this neon yellow hoodie there. I almost didn't because if you look closely, there are permanent black ink stains on it, but then I was like, "You know what? For $.25, I can fix it!"



Here is a closeup of the problem. Because I couldn't take the stains out, I would have to cover them up.



I got some lace and threw it on top.



Then, I cut around the patterns in the lace so that it covered all the spots and pinned it down as I cut.



Then I zig-zag stitched all around the outside of the lace.



Then I sewed back and forth over top of the lace to make sure it didn't pull away from the shirt.



This is what the back of my stitching looks like (in case my explanations didn't make sense).



The finished shirt. To me, it looks really modern as "Athleisure" wear and mixing prints and textures are popular these days. I could also have embroidered something on it, but that would require taking the shirt apart so I could get it up under my embroidery machine. 
This was way easier. 



The End!








No comments:

Post a Comment