Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Sunday School Craft - Daniel in the Lion's Den Lion Paper Bag Puppet

I realized that most of my Sunday School crafts only work if you have a printer, so I decided to do one that you could do completely free-hand.



You will need: Paper lunch bags, orange and yellow tissue or construction paper, black marker, and crayons.

I did print out the verse and glue that at the bottom, but it's optional. If you want it, I have the template at the end.

First, I drew a lion face on the bag so that it's mouth was split at the fold as you can see below.



Then, I opened the folded part and drew an oval with teeth and a tongue.



Then, I took one sheet of yellow and orange tissue paper.



I folded them up.



Then, I cut them like this: In threes with the middle part twice as long as the outside pieces. (This is because the outside pieces are folded. This will make all three sections the same width.)



Then, I stacked the three sections and cut them into strips.




Then, I started gluing the pieces around the lion's head.







That's it! Now you can make the lion shut his mouth like the verse says!






1 comment:

  1. Finally found a craft for the last part of Daniel that actually explains the lion, and reminds us that the point is that God was protecting Daniel, not that the lions got all kitteny. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete