Monday, May 20, 2013

Ultimate Travel Multi-Wear Shirt

I had this idea in my head, and I had a few hours last Friday, so I made it. It is reversible and can be worn in any setting from super casual to very dressy. Why don't you scroll down and see?

I used these three shirts as my inspiration. I used the top of the back grey shirt, the bottom of the front grey shirt, and the split front of the pink one. I just laid the shirts down and cut around them instead of making a pattern, because I was too lazy to use paper:



I cut the same pattern in the striped grey and the nude underneath, except the nude I cut a bit longer, obviously. The front neckline is slightly lower than the back, but it is wearable backwards (you'll see what that means later).




It looked kinda frumpy on me the way I had it up there, so I cut a slit up the middle of the front, detailed the lower seams, and narrowed the grey part so the nude part would sort of ruffle underneath.



The back.




You can see how I detailed the lower side seams here. I added elastic to the grey part and tucked the nude part.




This is how the two seams hang together.




If you turn it inside out, you can wear it like this.




This is how the tucked sides hang from the other side.



This is how it looks if you wear it with the grey side out and the slit in the back.



You can wear it to work!



I guess the style now is to mix like patterns.




You can also wear the slit in the front with a jacket.



You can gather up the grey and tuck it in and pin it in the back and make a sort of mock-midriff shirt.





If you pull the two corners of the slit to the back and pin them like this, you can get the following look.




You can also simply tuck in the nude part and let the grey part hang out. (The skirt is one that I made that I will post soon, but I'm still tweaking a few things.)



You can tie the two corners together up high and do a 50s/80s look.



Or tie it low and get this one.



If you use a wide belt, you can pull the two corners to either side and get sort of an Asian look going.



Flip it inside out and add a white sweater for a conservative granny style.



Looks good with black lace too.



Add a belt and pull the bottom out in a bit of a non-obnoxious peplum.



Gatsby it up! (Pretend that I wasn't lazy and added my string of pearls.)



It's off the shoulder...but not really.



Add a fake collar.



I wore it this past weekend with the grey side out, slit in the back, and the top from my flash dance dress.




Another nice thing about it is, it's made of polyester and nylon materials, so you can wash it out in a sink and it will dry over night! Ta-da! Perfect for travel!

Thanks for reading!
























No comments:

Post a Comment