Saturday, February 13, 2016

Refashioning: Making Clothing More Functional - Replacing a Panel

Sometimes what keeps you from wearing an item isn't the fit or the dimension. Sometimes, there is just one odd thing about it that you just wish were different. Like the dress below, for instance. I loved everything about it, except the weirdly patterned panel right in the front. It was just obnoxious enough that I would never wear the dress like that.



Using the lining from the dress I modified in a prior blog post, I cut out a piece of black lining fabric. I wasn't precise in my cutting. I just made sure the piece was bigger than the panel I wanted to cover.



Then, I just pinned the panel over the horrid panel, folding it flush as I went.



A close up of one of the corners.




Then, I sewed over it with a straight stitch.



This was fine, except, there were some little tiny gaps. Most people might not notice them, but I sure would. . .



So I went back over the panel again--this time with a zig zag stitch.



Perfect!



The End!





No comments:

Post a Comment