Friday, February 12, 2016

Refashioning: Making Clothing More Functional - Star Wars Bodycon Dress into a Shirt

My baby sister, Tabitha, got me this AWESOME Star Wars bodycon dress for Christmas! I wore it once with pink tights, but felt really uncomfortable all day. I'm not really a bodycon kind of girl. However, I LOVE Star Wars and this dress really is killer.




See? Awesome! And the printing is all in a high shine silver! The fabric is that scuba style jersey that is popular right now and I love because of its structure. It's like. . .wins all over the place. . .the only "lose" is in the fact that it's just too long. Time to fix it!



Using a shirt with a nice length, I placed said shirt over the dress and made my first incision. . .



The relief was almost palpable at this point. . .



I cut a strip from the bottom fabric to use as the hem of the shirt.



I pinned it marking the band in equal fourths. Then, I attached the band to the shirt in equal fourths and sewed it on.




That's all it took!




Here it is with my new skirt I made on a previous blog post.





The End!







No comments:

Post a Comment