Saturday, July 25, 2015

Refashioning: Capris into Ankle Pants

I got these awesome yellow capris from my friend, Sandy, but. . .and I'm not sure you can tell in the picture, but the left leg was just a hair tighter than the right leg (maybe it's not the pants, but maybe my legs are different sizes!) and I knew that would bother me if I wore them anywhere. They just made a rule at my work that we can no longer wear capris, but we can wear ankle pants. (Also, capris kind of make me look like a hobbit sometimes because my ankles are thin, but my calves are HUGE.)
(See picture for all these details.)


Therefore, I was determined to turn these into ankle pants. First, I cut the cuff seam and lowered the cuff. (See picture below.)



Then, I cut the entire bottom hems out and unfolded them.



Then, I laid some skinny pants on top of them to get an idea of how much to narrow the calves. You can see that the one on the right sticks out a bit more.



I pinned both sides of each calf so that they were the same size before stitching.




Then, I sewed a straight stitch along the bottom hems. (I know I should have done a blind stitch, but. . .I didn't feel like it.)





Then, I ironed them.



Not too shabby.



The End!






No comments:

Post a Comment